We focus on creating a work environment where employees can utilize their individual skills and knowledge while maintaining a team-based, inclusive approach to meeting greater challenges. We maintain straight lines of communication between our operations and management, so we can move collectively toward achieving our goals. These practices allow TACORA to quickly and efficiently execute projects and process improvements.
Tacora Resources Inc. (Tacora) is an iron ore mining and development company with a culture unlike any other in the mining industry. We focus on building a high performance, highly engaged team that prioritizes personal and workplace safety as a core strategic value. With a winning mentality; fostering innovation, environmental stewardship and strong communities are cornerstones of our vision.
Tacora is excited to reenergize the Scully Mine in Wabush, Labrador. We believe the key values of safety, teamwork, winning, innovation, environmental stewardship, happy and fulfilling work environments, strong communities and family combine to result in a non-siloed partnership across all people in the organization. Our philosophy is “we celebrate together, not apart”.
The following opportunities are available at the Scully Mine, located in Wabush, NL.
- Operators – Our core business is operations!
- Entry level non-trade employees including Haul Truck Drivers
- Trained and certified on multiple equipment within the mine and mill including entry level shovel operators and boiler operators.
- Trained and certified on all equipment in mine and incremental multi-disciplined mill employees.
- Certified Millwrights and/or Diesel Mechanics.
- Mechanical 1 plus certification in at least one additional certification. Ex. Millwright plus certified Welder.
- Certified Electricians.
- Electrical plus certification in at least one additional certification. Ex. Electrician plus Welder.
- Engineers/Technologists – Process, Mechanical, Electrical, Mining
- Supervisors – Maintenance and Operations
- Process Control Technicians
- Mine Dispatchers
- HSE Advisors/Technicians
- Human Resources
- Warehouse Coordinator
- Information Technology
- Administrative Assistants
- Lab Technicians
For more information on available positions and how to apply for these opportunities, go to:
Please direct any questions to TacoraQuestions@kbrs.ca or call 709-722-4462.